NEXT COMPETITION: 2018
Who can join the competition? 2016
1. The Competition is open and dedicated to students from Academies and music high school.
2. The Competition is not open to
- Students or former students of the Chapelle Musicale Reine Elisabeth,
- Students who only follow private lessons,
- Students who already hold a first Piano Master.
3. The candidates are distributed in four age categories according to their teaching level and their age at the registration date.
- STUDENTS FROM MUSIC ACADEMIES
- Category A : Born after March 15, 2005
- Category B : Born between March 16, 2001 and March 15, 2005
- Category C : Born between March 16, 1996 and March 15, 2001
- STUDENTS FROM ARTS HIGH SCOOLS (CONSERVATORIES)
- Category D : Born after March 15, 1991
4. The students registered in a Conservatoire as «young talents» must register in Category D.
Qualifying Rounds (Categorie A-B-C)
Salle académique de l’Université de Liège
Place du 20-Août, 7 4000 LIEGE (BELGIUM)
Qualifying Rounds (Categorie D) + Semi-finals:
Treasure room of Liège St. Paul’s Cathedral
Rue Bonne Fortune, 6 4000 LIEGE (BELGIUM)
Concert Hall of Liège Philharmonic Orchestra
Boulevard Piercot, 25 4000 LIEGE (BELGIUM)
Université de Liège
When ? Closing date for application: March 15, 2016
- Qualifying Rounds
Friday May 20, 2016 from 9 to 18
Saturday May 21, 2016 from 9 to 18
Sunday May 22, 2016 from 9 to 18
Friday June 3, 2016 from 9.30 to 18
- Final Round
Saturday June 4, 2016 at 14.00